Annual Compliances for Private Company
Private Limited Company is the most popular form of starting a business. However there are certain annual compliances which are required to be followed once your company is incorporated. Hence we at Taxoservice will help you to fulfill those compliances, without levy of any interest or penalty.
In India, the financial year for companies is from 1st April to 31st March. Registrar of Companies (ROC) is the designated authority that deals with administration of Companies Act 2013 and it falls under Ministry of Corporate Affairs. The companies incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013 are mandatory to file various forms, returns and documents with the Registrar of Companies (ROC) in an electronic mode within the prescribed time along with the prescribed fees.
FAQ on Annual Compliances for Private Company:
What are the annual compliances for Private Limited Company?
MGT-7 File Annual Return within 60 days of holding AGM AOC-4 File Balance Sheet, P/L and Director’s Report within 30 days of holding AGM AOC-4(CFS) For filing Consolidated Financial Statements
When the company is required to hold Annual General Meeting (AGM)?
- Every Private Limited Company is required to hold a meeting of its shareholders once in every year within a period of 6 months from the end of the financial year. The Annual General Meeting shall be held during business hours on a day which is not a public holiday and shall take place at the registered office of the company or at some other place within the city, town or village in which the registered office of the company is situated.
What are the general agenda to be discussed in the AGM?
- The primary agenda of an AGM includes approval of financial statements, declaration of dividends, appointment or re-appointment of auditors, appointment and remuneration of directors etc.
When does the company need to appoint 1st Auditor?
- The 1st Auditor shall be appointed within 30 days from the date of incorporation of company.
What are the attachments for filing AOC-4?
- Balance Sheet
- Statement of Profit & Loss Account
- Consolidated Financial Statements, if available
- Director’s Report
- Auditor’s Report
- Cash Flow Statement
Does ADT-1 need to be filed every year?
- No, ADT-1 will be for first time appointment. After that every year shareholder will ratify the auditor up to 5 years (or less, as the case may be) subject to ratification.
How much Board Meetings need to be held in a financial year?
- Every Company shall hold a minimum number of 4 meetings of its Board of Directors every year in such a manner that maximum gap between two meetings should not be more than 120 days. Company should hold at least 1 Board Meeting every quarter of calendar year.
When is the Annual Return of Private Limited Company need to be signed by Company Secretary?
- Every Private Company whose paid up capital is less than 5 crore need to get their annual return signed by Company Secretary in Practise.
When does the Private Limited Company need to appoint Company Secretary?
- Private Company having paid up share capital of 5 crore more required to appoint whole time Company Secretary.
What are the registers that the companies are required to maintain?
- Register of Director, Director Shareholding, Members
What is Penalty for late filing of Company ROC Return?
Delay up to 30 days 2 times of normal fees More than 30 days and up to 60 days 4 times of normal fees More than 60 days and up to 90 days 6 times of normal fees More than 90 days and up to 180 days 10 times of normal fees More than 180 days 12 times of normal fees