Annual Compliances for OPC
One Person Company (OPC) has been recently introduced in India to promote business enterprises that are owned and managed by a single Entrepreneur. OPC allows for a single individual to own and manage the business. One Person Company is therefore a viable option for those looking to start an unregistered Proprietorship. Hence we at Taxoservice will help you to fulfill those compliances, without levy of any interest or penalty.
The financial year for OPC is from 1st April to 31st March. Registrar of Companies (ROC) is the designated authority that deals with administration of Companies Act 2013 and it falls under Ministry of Corporate Affairs. The OPC’s incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013 are mandatory to file various forms, returns and documents with the Registrar of Companies (ROC) in an electronic mode within the prescribed time along with the prescribed fees.
FAQ on Annual Compliances for OPC:
What are the annual compliances for One Person Company?
MGT-7 File Annual Return within 60 days of entry of Ordinary Resolution in Minute Book AOC-4 File Balance Sheet, P/L and Director’s Report within by 30th October every year.
Does OPC are required to hold Annual General Meeting (AGM)?
- In case of OPC, there is no need to hold AGM as there is only 1 member. Meaning of AGM for OPC means “Resolution passed for the ordinary Business entered into the Minute Book”.
When does the company need to appoint 1st Auditor?
- The 1st Auditor shall be appointed within 1 month from the date of incorporation of company.
What are the attachments for filing AOC-4?
- Balance Sheet
- Statement of Profit & Loss Account
- Director’s Report
- Auditor’s Report
Does ADT-1 need to be filed every year?
- No, ADT-1 will be for first time appointment. After that every year shareholder will ratify the auditor.
How much Board Meetings need to be held in a financial year?
- OPC shall hold a minimum number of two meetings of its Board of Directors every year in such a manner that minimum gap between both the meetings, should be not less than 90 (Ninety) days.
What is Penalty for late filing of OPC ROC Return?
Delay up to 30 days 2 times of normal fees More than 30 days and up to 60 days 4 times of normal fees More than 60 days and up to 90 days 6 times of normal fees More than 90 days and up to 180 days 10 times of normal fees More than 180 days 12 times of normal fees