Calculator Text

TAN Registration

TAN Stands for Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number. It is a 10 digit alphanumeric number issued to persons who are required to deduct or collect tax on payments made by them under the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961.

Every assesses liable to deduct TDS is required to apply for TAN and shall quote this number in all TDS Returns, TDS payments and any other communications regarding TDS with Income Tax Department.
Failure to do so may attract a heavy penalty of up to 10,000. TDS Returns and Payments will not be received by the Banks if TAN is not quoted.

FAQ on TAN Registration:

How to apply for TAN?

  • We will send u a form 49B and ask you to fill it. Taxoservice will help you for further assistance.

What are the documents required to be submitted for TAN Registration?

  • No documents are required to be submitted along with the application for allotment of TAN. However, where the application is being made online, the signed acknowledgment which is generated after filling up the form should be forwarded to NSDL.

Is a separate TAN required for Tax Collection at Source?

  • No, TAN which was allotted for Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) can be used for the purpose of TCS.

How can the change in address or details on the basis of which TAN was allotted be communicated to Income Tax Department?

  • Any change or corrections in the data associated with the TAN, should be communicated to ITD by filing up ‘Form for Changes or Correction in TAN data for TAN allotted’

How can one find Assessing Officer’s Details?

  • Assessing Officers details are available at For further assistance, kindly contact us at +91 98323 13311.

What can serve as proof of TAN in case one has lost the TAN Allotment letter?

  • Printout of the webpage showing details of TAN, from the Income Tax Department’s website can serve as proof of TAN.

Is it necessary to apply for different TAN if a deductor has to deduct tax from different types of payments like salary, interest, dividend, etc.?

  • No. TAN once allotted can be used for all type of deductions/collections.

Should government deductors apply for TAN?

  • Yes. All Government deductors are also required to quote the TAN on their TDS / TCS / Annual Information Returns.

Can branches of companies /banks have separate TANs?

  • Yes, the name and location of branch or the designation of the person responsible for deducting/collecting tax, whichever is applicable, should be clearly given in the application for allotment of TAN.

tan registration

TAN Registration

*(Including Government fees)

Get your TAN at a short span of time. We are here to help you.


    Show Buttons
    Hide Buttons